H G Tut H C DT A F FB E P E Image Map

Monday, February 13, 2012

Getting Cricky Promo Week - Day 2

Happy Monday, everyone!! I hope you had a wonderful weekend!! Today is Day 2 of Getting Cricky Promotional Week!! Several members of the Getting Cricky Design Team will be featuring a new project every day this week leading up to our monthly blog hop on Friday. Last month, we each chose one stamp set and used it all week for our projects. This month, we are mixing it up!! We each chose one cartridge or SVG file that we haven't used in more than three months and are using it all week with any stamp set!!


My project week cart is Wall Decor and More. I created this card with the current Getting Cricky and Crop Stop challenges with wedding themes in mind, but it could be used for a Valentine's card as well. I used paper from Pink Paislee called Butterfly Garden. This paper is so beautiful!! I found the package at Hobby Lobby when they were having their 50% off paper sale last week (LOVE that sale...I stock up on paper!!). The clear plastic packaging looked like it had been opened and I almost didn't buy it...it was the only package they had of Pink Paislee. But I counted and all the papers were there and undamaged, so I'm so glad I did!! It is truly gorgeous!!


I thought Chapter 1 was perfect to represent the first chapter of married life :) I stitched the edges with my new sewing machine.


The heart is from Wall Decor and More. I used my Gypsy to make a slightly larger heart for the background, and then attached the layers with foam tape and added the picture of the pretty angel. She was on one of the sheets of paper in this stack. I inked all of the edges with Tim Holtz Walnut Distress Ink. The pink square is a Spellbinders Fair Isle Pendant die, and the flower is a Spellbinders flower die.


For the corner designs, I used a die from the Spellbinders Fair Isle Pendant and cut it in half. The scallops along the bottom are Spellbinders Fair Isle Borderabilities and the lace is from Hobby Lobby.


The heart is the negative cut from the heart frame. I embossed it with the Cuttlebug Script folder and inked the edges with Walnut Distress Ink. The flowers are a Spellbinders die, as is the tag - Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 11. "Love is patient, love is kind" is from K Andrew Designs It's Valentine's stamp set. There are so many awesome sentiments on this set, perfect for all year around, not just Valentine's Day!!


Click HERE to purchase your own set or to see the entire fabulous line of K Andrew Designs stamps!!

It's not my week to design for Getting Cricky, but I wanted to support my DT sisters so I'm linking my card up!!  I am also entering it in the following challenges:
  1. Crop Stop Challenge #57 - Can You Hear the Bells Ringing
  2. Little Scrap Pieces - Anything Your Heart Desires
  3. Docerela Creations Challenge #7 - Valentine's Day Card
  4. Frosted Designs Challenge - Love
  5. 2 Sisters Challenge Blog Challenge #78 - I Heart You
  6. Passionately Artistic - Linking Party
  7. Creative Inspirations Paints - Inspired By Hearts
  8. Joyful Stamper Inspire Me Fridays #45 - Anything Goes
  9. The Sisterhood of Crafters -  Valentines
  10. Divas By Design Challenge #21 - Love is in the Air
  11. Catered Crop - Use Hearts
  12. That Craft Place Challenge Blog Challenge #6 - Love is All Around
  13. Craft Your Days Away Challenge #38 - Getting Stitchy With It
  14. CES Challenge Blog Challenge #72 - Lots of Layers
  15. Fussy and Fancy Challenge #56 - With All My Heart
  16. 4 Crafty Chicks Challenge - Love is in the Air
  17. Rainbow Lady's Challenge Blog #191 - Have a Heart
  18. Friendship's Garden Challenge #9 - It's a Love Thing
  19. Tuesday Throwdown #84 - Be My Valentine
  20. Crafty Boots Challenge - Valentines
I have blog candy!! I will be giving away the newest K Andrew Designs stamp set, All in the Family!!


All you have to do All you have to do to be eligible to win this fabulous K Andrew Designs stamp set is:
  1. Be a follower
  2. Leave a comment with a way to contact you
That's it!! I will choose a winner on Thursday, February 23rd. If you stop back for each day of Promo Week and leave a comment, and then again for the Getting Cricky Cabin Fever Blog Hop on Friday, February 17, that would be SIX entries into the drawing!! So please be sure to stop back tomorrow and all week!!

Click HERE for my Promo Week Day 1 project!!

72 comments:

girlia said...

absolutely gorgeous. Love all the details

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

Lisa this is so pretty!! So much detail in it!
Kristan
GCDT-Sister

Tracey said...

Such a Beautiful card.....Love the design and embossing. The papers are so pretty:)

Diane Davies said...

So pretty!!! I love that it's not "traditional" Valentine colors. Great job! Thanks for joining us at The Sisterhood of Crafters. : )

Beckie said...

OUT-STINKING-STANDING. I love the layers. And that paper is beautiful.

Be blessed, BEckie

Unknown said...

Absolutely Stunning.. this card really wow's me.

Jayne said...

Wow,Stunning my friend! I love those papers and how you incorporated the angel and chapter 1 into the design.Loving the stitching and embossing too. Beautiful as always.
Jayne x

Kim said...

Gorgeous card! Love all the soft colors! How exciting that you have a new sewing machine!! Love the stitching you added:)
~Kim

Amanda said...

I love the papers you used! You always have awesome projects!! TYFS:)

Amanda
Getting Cricky JrDt-Sister
cricktncrafts.blogspot.com

Larelyn said...

Wow!!! this card is stunning. I'm so glad you posted close ups because I wanted to see each gorgeous detail. It is truly a work of art.
Hugs,
Larelyn

Rainbow Lady said...

A perfectly gorgeous card... love it. Thanks so much for playing
Love Cynthia x

Rhonda Emery said...

this is beautiful love it

Nita said...

Beautiful Lisa! I love all the *details*, and the vintage feel - it looks like it could have come out of a Jane Austen novel. :) Perfection!
Nita
www.niftynitanotes.blogspot.com

Vicki said...

Breathtaking card! What great details...layers, embossing, die cuts. Wow! I am insired and now a follower! Thanks for playing along with our CropStop Challenge Blog!

Vicki @http://validationofvicki.blogspot.com

Linda Breedlove said...

Ohhhh... WOW WOW WOW.... Lisa, you used my all time FAVORITE paper collection and made the MOST FABULOUS project.... I can't tell you how gorgeous this is... but it is TOTALY GORGEOUS!!!!

Tamie said...

Lisa this is simply gorgeous!! Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful creation with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Unknown said...

Your card is beautiful!!! Love the colors and the stamp you used!! Thanks for joining us this week at Frosted Designs!!

Unknown said...

Oh wow Lisa this is gorgous! I am amazed by it. You rock at cards... teach me wise one ;)

Heather - Getting Cricky JR DT sister

Kim Dellow said...

Gorgeous card Lisa. Kim

Karen said...

Beautiful card! Such pretty papers and embossing! :)

Karen
craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

That Craft Place Ltd said...

Absolutely stunning!
Thanks for playing along at TCP (That Craft Place) challenge blog!
Lisa xxx

Amy said...

Wow- this is just so beautiful- very victorian and lacy!! I just love how you popped things up and inked them to give dimension! Great card as usual! :)Amy

Karen said...

Lisa thank you so much for joining my challenge this week. Wow this card is vintage beautiful. All your details are superb. But every trip to your blog is a delight. karen

Wendy said...

Absolutely gorgeous..Thanks for joining us Divas by Design this week.
Wendy xx

Darlene said...

Oh, Oh, Oh, ... I just LOVE this creation! I LOVE vintage and you've done an awesome job on this wall hanging!! BEAUTIFUL!
Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘VALENTINE’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Just beautiful! Love the distressing and all the layers and details! And way to go on hitting all those challenges! You go Girl!

Thanks for joining us at Docerela Creations! DT Member Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Jessica Buffa said...

Hey there Blend!!! Your talent gets more and more exceptional each and every day. There is so much to love on this. Great shapes, layers, stamping, embossing, borders......WONDERFULLY BEAUTIFUL!!!
:O)
Your a truly an amazing inspiration to me!
Jessica

Jenscrapstoo said...

Stunning, what another wonderful work of art, your creations leave me speechless!!
Cheers Jennie
Getting Cricky DT - sister

Lisa Watson said...

Amazing Card!!! LOVE all the layers you put on this card!! Thanks for playing with us at CropStop!

Mommy's Crafty Creations said...

Beautiful card Lisa!! Like I saif before it looks so elegant!

Veronica JrDt Sister
mommyscraftycreations.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Lisa this card is stunning!!!! Very elegant!

http://visionsofpaper.blogspot.com/

Dee's Craft Room said...

This is lovely Lisa, fab layout and great distressing.

Thank your for sharing your creation with us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Sherrie K. said...

I am absolutely LOVIN' this card!! I can't get over all the layering and the fantastic details. I love everything about this...the vintage feel, the paper and the lace make this card a masterpiece!! Absolutely stunning!!!
Have a great Valentine's Day Lisa!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Rez P. said...

Hi Lisa,

WOW! Your creations always inspires me. The paper,embossing,and the layering every lil details It's Absolutely Gorgeous! I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day.

Big Hugs,
Rez
Karezma Kreations

Cheri said...

As usual Lisa, this is beautiful. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Cheri - Getting Cricky JrDT Sister
www.djssundries.blogspot.com

Sazzle said...

What a great idea Lisa, to use the same set for all projects! I love what you've done with this card and you've certainly shown some love with it too :-)

Thanks for joining in with our "with all my heart" challenge over at Fussy and Fancy and good luck!

xx Happy crafting and glittery hugs xx

Sazzle

http://sazzlecraft.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Really beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Divas this week

Pam said...

Just a perfect card! Love all the layers! Thanks for joining us at 2 Sister's!

CraftyDaffy said...

Beautiful card. I love the vintage feel. All the elements work so well together. Really gorgeous. Thank you for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges for our Valentine theme. xx Denise

Cheryl said...

Your card is gorgeous! I love the layers and details. I’m stopping by from the Catered Crop.

~Cheryl~
**Check out my February Blog Candy**

TannyP said...

Wow - that some soft & sweet vintagey goodness. Your card is so lovely! Thanks for playing along with The Sisterhood of Crafters for our Valentine's Challenge!

Nitasha said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! Thank you so much for joining us at Docerela Creations!

Veronica said...

Wow, words can't describe this but wow... beautiful
thank you for joining us at CropStop Challenge Blog

Karen said...

This is positively gorgeous, my sweet friend. The papers are stunning (my paper wish list is ever growing!) and you used them so perfectly. The stitching is beautiful and I love all of the distressing and layering throughout your design. Absolutely brilliant card, Lisa. :o)

Hugs and blessings!
http://kaleidoscopicsparkles.blogspot.com

Docerela said...

Lisa, this is deft a big WOW card! Love the vintage style.


GREAT WORK!

Catarina

Daisylove Creations said...

Lisa, this is soooo beautiful!! I love all the layering & the embossing on this. The papers are so pretty, love all the vintagey details. Absolutely stunning my friend :0)
Hugs,
Diana
daisylovecreations.blogspot.com

Bunnyfreak said...

Love the color palette. contact info in profile.

Unknown said...

Lisa this is soooo beautiful!! You are growing as an artist with each passing day. Each thing you do is prettier than the last. You make me so proud.

Lots of hugs, Pam

Blankina said...

I love you vintage card, so romantic and soft colours.
You did enter a lot of challenges!!!
Ciao from Italy
Blankina

Jenny Evans said...

Stunning card!! Absolutely gorgeous!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Frosted Designs!! :)

Kathy Salido said...

Lisa, this card is absolutely gorgeous!! You always put so much attention and detail in your projects!!
Kathy
salido99@msn.com
http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/

Nazeema Calypso Thompson said...

Wow...love all the beautiful layering and gorgeous detailing!! Thanks for joining us at CropStop.

Hugs.
Calypso

DIANA L. said...

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome
Hugs DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

Shelly said...

STUNNING Lisa! This is so gorgeous! You've added so much detail and wonderful elements! A true work of art!

Have a GREAT day!
Shelly
http://mypaperlove.blogspot.com/

The Craftin Mama said...

Absolutely Gorgeous!! Wonderful job as usual Lisa!!

Ildi your DT sister

Maribel said...

This card is beyond gorgeous! I love the colors of these papers. It's such a romantic looking card. You are totally the inking expert!
Maribel

Amy said...

Congratulations on your well-deserved Top 3 spot at Frosted Designs Lisa- this card is truly gorgeous!!! :)Amy

littlen said...

very pretty card. tfs.
littlen44 at gmail dot com

Julie said...

Wow, fabulous make! Thanks for playing along with us at CES Challenges this week, Juliex

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Bee-utiful & stunning. Blogger did it again. I was going thru the past posts of yours and before I got to this one blogger threw me out so there is a blogger demon happening.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Rhonda Miller said...

This is beautiful. TFS.

Janet said...

Love the vintage look your card is beautiful!
Big Blgo Hugs, Janet

Aim said...

NO WAY!! See, this is what I'm truly inspired by -- You have mastered so many "styles"... Shabby chic, vintage, contemporary, CAS... This is so wonderful and fantastic, I'm truly at a loss for any more words!! :)

Hugs,
Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

Carla said...

Thanks for entering the CI Paints challenge... be sure to come back for this week's challenge as well!

Anonymous said...

Saw your card on Divas By Design blog. It was so pretty that I had to click on it to see how you did it. Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

OOPS! Forgot to leave my contact info: mc-reeda@seovec.org Sorry!

Debbie said...

This is gorgeous, Lisa!!!! I love that paper! The cuts, the embossing, and all the details are beautiful!!!
Debbie
http://debbiesdashofthisandthat.blogspot.com/

RiNNE said...

layers and textures and embossing and design.... all are spectacular, my friend!! pat yourself on the back :).

Sugarlips said...

This is so GORGEOUS!! Lisa you are so talented.

Jessie
DT sister

Lynn B. said...

This is really beautiful! I wish I had half your talent...

Unknown said...

I know I already commented on this Lisa but it really is gorgous! I love working with you on the DT. You are an amazing person and I have loved getting to know you!

Heather

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous my love!

Love & Light,
K Andrew of K Andrew Designs
Visit My Blog
See My Stamps

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...