H G Tut H C DT A F FB E P E Image Map

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Gone to the Beach!

Happy Saturday, everyone! I hope you are having a great weekend! Wow, we have had the perfect weather the last couple of days: sun, high 70's, no humidity. We basically had no Spring...the temps were record highs with humidity, so this break is so welcome!
I made a tag to hang on the door when I'm headed to my favorite place...the beach! I used Tags, Bags, Boxes and More to cut the tag at 6". I have had the Hawaiian print paper in my stash for a long time, no clue where it came from. I used Life's a Beach to cut the palm tree. Originally it had a smaller one, too, but I snipped it off. I used the Tim Holtz Regal Flourish Sizzex embossing folder for the leaves and sprayed a light coat of copper shimmer mist over it. The orange surfboard was also cut from Life's a Beach, and the blue one from Luau. I cut the waves from Pack Your Bags, and embossed them with the swirls Cuttlebug folder. I ran the sand colored paper through the Cuttlebug with Swiss dots and then tore the edge off to give it texture before I inked it with Tea Dye distress ink. The paper for the sign is from Core'dinations Cosmo Cricut line, and I sanded it to bring out the wood texture and inked it with walnut distress ink. The shell is a bead I had in my stash.

I am entering the tag into the following challenges:
Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you have a great evening :)

31 comments:

MyCuriousCrafts said...

Hi Lisa,
Totally awesome tag...love it. You did a FABULOUS job on it. Love the elements you incorporated. When you get a chance, please stop by my blog, I have something for you. TFS! ~Shen

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like all the cut pieces you incorporated & embossing.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://createdbysunshinehoneybee.blogspot.com

Misty Olsen said...

What a wonderful tag!! It is really pretty..

inspiredwon said...

Hello Lisa,

I Love the tag!!It is super cute!! I just love everything about it!! Thanks for sharing it with us!!
Amanda

~jan said...

Wow, what a fabulous tag! The papers, the embossing and the shapes all add up to something wonderful! Thanks for sharing it with us at The Paper Variety!

Lizzie Laine said...

Lisa,
Super cute tag, love all the detail!

DIANA L. said...

Way cute---You deserve some banana bread. Is that a real shell?

Just Me said...

really cute tag. You have all the elements for a wonderful day at the beach. Thanks for joining the GAB challenge this week

Tiffany said...

This is super cute! I love all of the pieces on it :) TFS!

DIANA L. said...

The recipe is up now..

Tammy Schmitt said...

What a stinkin' cute idea! Love it!

-Tammy

Amy said...

Lisa this rocks! I LOVE IT! I need one of these to hang on my door..love all of the details...:)Amy

Unknown said...

Hey Lisa, it's so cool! You always so creative. Now I just wish I was there or you were here so we could go to the beach together! I never go because I don't want to go by myself.

Thanks for stopping by today. It's so sweet of you to ask about Joni. She's doing great, she's at home and didn't have surgery. I worry but she seems to be taking care of herself.

Have a blessed Sunday. Hugs...Tracy :)

Jessica Buffa said...

Lisa, your tag is so so awesome. I really wanted to say "Totally Radical Dude" so there! Thanks so much for the tech support. It worked!!!! All the posts are back now! I don't know that I would have ever noticed that so I am so happy that you did!
:O)
Jessica

Kim said...

What a great tag for the door!! Love it:)
~Kim

Karen said...

Great card and I love your door in the background really makes the card pop!

girlia said...

This is really nice. It had definitely made me think of the the beach

Dee Burns said...

Very creative. TBB & M is one of my favorite's. Tags are so much fun. I have been making my dh Bookmarks with them. I can play with the Gypsy and put names, etc on them...so much fun.
Thanks
Dee

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super fun tag!

Ashley said...

Such a festive card, I love it! Thanks for sharing. :)

Ashley
http://especiallymade.blogspot.com

Sherrie K. said...

You have done an outdtanding job on this tag! It tunned out awesome~love all the details!!! TFS!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Karen said...

Lisa, this tag is fabulous! :o) The colors are gorgeous and I always love the textures you so seamlessly incorporate. While there is a ton to love about this project, I think my favorite detail is the way you attached the "gone to the beach." No tiny aspect is ever overlooked by you, my crafty friend. :o) Beautiful beachy creation!

Hugs and blessings! :o)

Dr Sonia S V said...

Such an lovely creation. The shell gives it a nice touch

Arlene said...

Super super cute tag! :)

Arlene.
http://waterdots.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Super cute tag!!!! Love it!!!!

Cindy Beland said...

WOW Amazing job with this awesome tag!Just BEAUTIFUL my friend!!!:)

XXOO AMY said...

WOW! what a great idea! love all the details! thanks for sharing it with us at TPV!

Tracey said...

Great idea......love it!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa, your new cards are so cute and the beach tag is fantastic. Sorry I've been MIA again, so much to do and so little time, Hugs, Lori m

thekolbes said...

Gorgeous

Ashley Nicole said...

I adore this tag. So much detail. You did a fabulous job. Thanks for joining us at GAB Challenges.
Nikki

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...