H G Tut H C DT A F FB E P E Image Map

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Getting Cricky Design Team Post - Sympathetic Sayings

Happy Tuesday, everyone!! I hope your week is starting out wonderfully :) It's my turn to design at Getting Cricky and today we are featuring Sympathetic Sayings.


To me, sympathy cards are by far the hardest to make. There's no happiness or joy when you are putting one together, knowing its intended purpose. You just hope you can give the recipient a bit of comfort and let them know that you're thinking of them. Kristal's Sympathetic Sayings set makes putting one of these card together so much easier. All of the sentiments are genuine and heartfelt.


Click HERE to purchase this set or to see her entire fabulous line of stamps.


The base of the card is a Spellbinders Grand Scalloped Rectangle, followed by a Grand Rectangle, embossed with the Cuttlebug African Batik embossing folder.


The shape is a Spellbinders Twisted Metal Tags & Accents Die. The paper is from My Mind's Eye Meadowlark stack. I popped up the top tag with foam tape.


The bottom border is a Spellbinders Parisian Accents die. The crystals are from Recollections.

Here's a sneak peek of my other card featured at Getting Cricky. It's an oldie from last August:


Head on over to Getting Cricky to see the entire card and to check out the amazing and creative projects my Design Team sister Jessie has created!!

Thanks so much for stopping by :)

28 comments:

Norma Gomez said...

This is beautiful Lisa, it would brighten my day :D

Chriss America Real said...

I have these stamps, I keep telling myself I am going to make up some cards ahead of time so that I have some ready, but I never do. I seem to need to be thinking of the person when I make the card. Your card is just lovely!

Hugs,

Chriss

Sonia said...

Fabulous card sweety:)I like black and white combo!The shape and the dies are beautiful and perfect togheter:)
Big hug,
Sonia

Bea said...

Absolutely fab card Lisa - the dies are gorgeous

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

very pretty card Lisa!! I love that it is black and white!!
Kristan

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I so agree Lisa, this is the hardest card to make. I am sure it will comfort whoever recieves it. It is gorgeous with all the extra special details you always add. I love the back and white, and how perfect you placed a little bling on each side with a tad on the top, and blanced it so well with the border an bling on the bottom.
Hugs

Cheri said...

This is simply elegant. Anyone who receives this will feel blessed. Thanks for sharing my friend.

Cheri
DJ's Sundries

Migdalia said...

So true My fabulous one..Its so hard to make a sympathy card.Your card is Lovely,Elegant and Perfect Color Combo.TFS

Karen said...

What a beautiful card, Lisa! All the Spellbinders go great together! :)

Karen
craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

Debbie said...

What a beautiful and soothing card!! Very nice!

Beebeebabs said...

Beautiful card!!!

Beate said...

Lisa, this card is striking. I LOVE the layout and the paper you used.
Hugs and smiles

Georgiana said...

Such a beautiful card for a sad occasion.

Stay Creative,
Georgiana
Carson's Creations

Unknown said...

Very elegant with black and white paper. Great patterned paper and lacy edges.

Sherrie K. said...

Gorgeous card! The colors are beautiful and love the Spellbinders Twisted Metal Tags and Accents die. I am really missing crafting :( Hopefully I can get back at it really soon! Have a great day evening Lisa!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Dee Burns said...

Lisa, this is a beautiful card. It is so hard to make these cards...that's why I can only use certain words like "Thinking of you". The Sentiment you chose is perfect.

Take care!
Dee B

Sheri said...

Lovely card - it would mean a lot at a rough time in someone's life.

Sheri R

Diane said...

I agree with you, these cards are the hardest, but this looks like a wonderful stamp set, full of just the right words...your card is very beautiful and elegant, perfect for the occassion!

Candace said...

this is a BEAUTIFUL card Lisa!! I love it!! Sympathy cards are always sooo hard!!

Candace
scrappin2littleprincesses.blogspot.com

Kathy Salido said...

Lovely card Lisa! I love the borde piece. I also loved you embossed card.
Kathy
http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/

Kate said...

Gorgeous card my friend. So elegant.

Hugs,
Kate

~Tammy~ said...

This is so so pretty! That perfect elegant flair!

Karen said...

This is just so lovely, my sweetest friend! These cards are certainly the hardest, but with a heartfelt creation you can never go wrong. The elegance is beautiful and I just love that paper. The bottom trim is one of my faves, which I barely resisted ordering.. it's next for me, I think. I so adore stunning trims and you used it here so beautifully. Of course I love the sparkly gorgeousness throughout. Beautifully positioned. :o) Exquisite work as always, Lisa! I hope you're having a wonderful week! :o)

Hugs and blessings!
http://kaleidoscopicsparkles.blogspot.com

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Gorgeous card, great color combo and love the sentiment!

Cindy Beland said...

Your card is just GORGEOUS Lisa!BEAUTIFUL layers,details and LOVE the black and white!!!!:)

Unknown said...

I love the black and white. So elegant. The sentiment is beautiful. Wonderful job Lisa, as always :)

Ashley Nicole said...

Beautiful shape card. The black and white is very classy.
Ashley

Eva Laney said...

I Just got this die set, how beautiful my crafty friend :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...