H G Tut H C DT A F FB E P E Image Map

Monday, April 25, 2011

Blue the Dog

This is Blue. He was born from the Animal Kingdom cart, and he can't wait to attend his first birthday party! I started with 12x12 cardboard and used the fit to page option. That made Blue 11 1/2" tall.  This is for a spring birthday party, so I cut the first layer with Core'dinations Core Couture paper and the top layer with a light sparkly blue from the DCWV Linen stack. Blue's eyes are pearls and his nose pink. I really wanted to put a rolled up newspaper in his mouth, but I couldn't find any image like that on my carts, so I made a little flag instead. I wrapped a popscicle stick with Core Couture and used an EK success punch for the bottom of the flag. I stamped the happy birthday and then embossed it with Zing vanilla. The little package is a sticker. I used a white gel pen to highlight the definition on Blue. His collar is is made from Crystal Sticks gems.

Why does Blu have a dot on his tail, you ask? It's because he is not just a wall hanging...he is actually a game of pin the tail on the doggie!
So that Blue can hang around long after the birthday is over, I made the flag removable.
I am entering Blue in the following contests:
  1. Birthday Sundaes Challenge #6 - create anything for a birthday party (no cards)
  2. Whimsical Wednesday Challenge #3 - Spring home decor project
Thanks for looking...Blue thanks you too ("ruff ruff")!

23 comments:

Nati Tristan said...

That is just way too cute!

Cindy Beland said...

Great project!Your little dog is sooo Adorable,Thanks for playing along with us at Whimiscal Wednesday! :)

Anonymous said...

Darling, What a cute, cute idea, the donkey is getting a little to old lol.

:) Lori m

The Archiving Angel said...

Hello Lisa~ you did a great job! This little puppy dog is so clever. It is home decor & a fun game all in one. Now that is just too "dog-gone" cute. I could not resist.
Thanks for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesdays!
Crafty best wishes,
Sonia

inspiredwon said...

I love this little doggie!! He is too cute!! Thanks for sharing it with us!!
Amanda

Paula said...

Blue is too cute. How adorable and what a great idea. Thanks so much for following my blog, and if you stop by again you'll find an award waiting for you.

www.pvcreations2010.blogspot.com

GiGi said...

Oh how much fun! Blue is so cute! Thanks for playing at Whimsical Wednesdays!

Sandy O said...

Oh wow, this is too cute for words!!! What kind of Cricut do you have that you can cut cardboard with it? I just got a small one (wishing I got the big one now, lol) and still have to learn exactly how to use the cut outs on card as I have never used them before.

Cindy Vernon said...

Super cute! Thanks for playing at Birthday Sundaes!

Jens Craft Corner said...

What a cute idea! Love puppies! Thank you for playing along with us at Birthday Sundaes.

My 3 E Scrapbooking said...

What an adorable and creative project! Blue is so cute and I love that he turns into a game! I'm sure he will be a hit at a party soon! Thanks for sharing this project with us at Birthday Sundaes!

Kim H said...

Lisa... Blue is just ADORABLE! I love the whole idea that you can change his flag to what ever is going on with your household! Great job. Thanks for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesday!

Charlotte said...

I love Blue! He is just so cute. And what a great idea to make him game and a wall decor. This is very creative to have a cute decoration that also has a great function. Hey, I'm all bout dogs, so you know I love it!!! Great job!

Cathryn said...

Fabulous!!! What an awesome idea, love your project!! The bling on blue's collar is great! Thanks for playing with us at Whimsical Wednesdays! Hugs, Cathryn67 :)

Vivi Martínez said...

Great project!!! Blue is so cute! I have forgotten of AK cart and this sweet doggie... Thanks for sharing this creative project with us at Birthday Sundaes!
Vivi

Jacki Daniels said...

Hi Lisa he is gorjuss love him but then all your makes are fantastic just found you and have become a follower this is my addy if you want to pop over http://cardsbyjacki.blogspot.com/
Jackixx

Dina said...

this is terrific! Hugs Dina

Sherrie K. said...

Cute little pooch! I like how you did the colar, creative! TFS!
Sherrie K

jessica said...

What a great idea and he is so cute!
Thanks for sharing and playing along with us over at Whimsical Wednesday

Sue said...

How creative. Blue is adorable. Great item for a spring party. Nice job.

Kristie W. said...

Blue is SOOOO cool!! How fun to make him into a game :) Very creative. Thanks so much for playing along with my Birthday Sundaes challenge!

Tara said...

Super cute! I love that he is a game!
Tara

*Star said...

He is so darn cute! Great job on the challenge and thanks for playing with us at Whimsical Wednesday. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...