H G Tut H C DT A F FB E P E Image Map

Friday, July 25, 2014

CDD July Stamp Release Blog Hop!!


Welcome to our fifth Craftin Desert Diva's stamp release blog hop!! I'm super excited to share with you in full the CDD July release stamps. There are five new stamps that are being released today in the Craftin Desert Divas Shop and are available now for purchase.

So without further ado here are the latest stamp sets:

Gotta Wear Shades - purchase HERE

Lil Bit Buggie - purchase HERE

School Zone - purchase HERE

All Star Sports - purchase HERE

Blooming For You - purchase HERE

We have a few specials starting today!!
  • Every purchase receives a FREE Too Cute by Jessica SVG pattern made especially for this release
  • With a minimum 2 stamp purchase you will receive a FREE mini stamp
  • Use code: JULY to save 20% off your ENTIRE purchase
The mini stamp & sale will end Aug. 1, 2014.

Here is the free pattern with purchase:


Here is the free mini stamp with any 2 stamp purchase:


Tara is giving away one stamp set each day & Too Cute by Jessica is giving away $25 gift card to her store (regular priced items).

Here is the project I created...


For my project, I created a mixed media canvas. I can't remember the name of the papers I used...it was a mixed-media pack I picked up on clearance at Hobby Lobby a while ago. I used gesso and acrylic paint on the background. Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste was used through a Crafter's Workshop Reverse Chicken Wire stencil. I used several stamps on the background, including a Tim Holtz Cracks stamp and the flowers that are on the new CDD Blooming For You set. The chandelier is from The Paper Studio Spare Parts and it's draped with tulle. The butterfly is from Memory Box and covered with Doodlebug Designs Sugar Coating. The flowers are a mixture of Prima and The Paper Studio. Memory Box Floral Vines were cut in velum and tucked among the blooms, along with twine.


The doll is a Julie Nutting's Priscilla with Top Hat. I used a Tim Holtz script stamp on her and colored her with Prismacolor Pencils. Tulle was added for her skirt. She was outlined in charcoal.


Take Time to Smell the Flowers and the butterfly are from the the CDD Blooming for You stamp set.

I am entering this in the following challenges:
  1. DL.Art - July Linky
  2. Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes
Next up on the Line Up is the amazing, sweet and talented Shelly. Be sure to hop with us tomorrow!! Winners will be picked from a different blog each day,so the more you comment the more chances you have to win.

Craftin Desert Diva's Shop
CDD Gallery  - We'd love you to share your projects using the CDD stamps.

Blogs on the hop:

Fri 7/25
Tara - www.craftindesertdivas.com
Kathy - https://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com
Sukie - http://scrappindhilly.blogspot.com
Georgiana - http://www.carsonscricutcreations.blogspot.com/
Lisa - http://indymermaid.blogspot.com < YOU ARE HERE
Shelly - http://mypaperlove.blogspot.com/
Michelle - http://michellescricutfun.blogspot.com/
Michelle P - http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com
Karen - http://craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com/
Marina - https://www.facebook.com/creativecandy4u
Jessica - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Too-Cute-by-Jessica

Sat 7/26
Tara - www.craftindesertdivas.com
Kathy - https://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com
Ilda - http://www.ilovedoingallthingscrafty.com/
Mayra - http://mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com/
Migdalia - http://craftingwithcreativem.blogspot.com
Emily - http://molliemugsblog.blogspot.com
Melissa - http://iliketocreate.blogspot.com/
Jenny - http://crazyaboutcricut.blogspot.com/
Lori - http://got2bcrafting.blogspot.com
Jessi - http://www.mylifeinartsncrafts.co
Jessica - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Too-Cute-by-Jessica

61 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Very nice mixed media canvas, with pretty colors!!! And so beautiful stamp and embellishment!

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Wonderful detail on this paper pieced creation. Has a wonderful shabby chic look to it.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Miranda said...

WOW!!!! Your canvas is AWESOME!!!! I love all the layers and different elements!!!

TFern said...

I seriously love your stuff!! I wish I had the eye for your style. The girl reminds me of Alice in Wonderland which is one of my favorite movies!

Karen said...

Such a beautiful canvas, Lisa! All of the flowers are so pretty and I really like the draped tulle on the chandelier! The butterfly was a perfect touch and I love that sentiment! I hope you have a great day! :)

Karen
craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

wow!! this canvas is beautiful! Your artistry is just so amazing!

Creations by Shirl said...

Very canvas project Lisa! love all the fun detials~

Sherrie K. said...

Wow...how do you keep cranking out these amazing projects girl! They are ALL incredible! This is amazing-the fun papers, all the fun textures...you are amazing and SO talented! I love the prima doll-she is fantastic..:) GREAT job as always my friend!

I am glad it is Friday! I am hoping to get a lot of last minute wedding stuff done for my niece who is getting married in 2 wks..yikes, then my son's wedding, finally! I will be so happy to be finished soon with these 400 bows and tags..it gets a bit boring after a while of making these,lol!
I am planning on getting in my craft room on Sunday finally. I am missing everyone and Blogging/Crafting like crazy :( I hope you have a nice weekend and have great weather!
Hugs my friend,
Sherrie K

SD pooja said...

Ohh Wow !! What a beautiful canvas !

Tina H said...

Wow! I must say that everytime I see "A Mermaids Crafts" on the many blogs I follow I always get excited to see your new creation! Fantastic project! You are so very talented! :)

Shelly said...

Good morning my friend! This is such a treat to see fort thing in the morning. I love what you do with these dolls and your canvases are my fav!! Gorgeous Lisa, just gorgeous!!!

I hope you have fun plans for the weekend. We will be away for a soccer tournament, I hope the weather isn't too hot for our little guys :) have a nice day and weekend!
Shelly

D- said...

Your canvas is BEAUTIFUL. I like how you added the sentiment. Thanks for sharing.
Crafty hugs,
D~
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

Unknown said...

What an amazing project!! I love your blog layout too - gorgeous!!

I'm a Little Teapot said...

This project should be in a magazine! Amazing colors and details! The tulle is cool! :)

Have a good weekend!

Angie C. D. said...

WOW. Lisa, I love your mixed media canvas! I love all the texture with the embossed chicken wire, twine, and flowers. And that chandelier with the tulle?! Fabulous!!!!! Have a great day! :D

Crafty Moni said...

Lisa, I love your mixed media canvas! Its so pretty!!! Love all the detail, the colors, the image. You totally rocked it:) Thanks for sharing!

Peace, Love, & Creative Hugs!
Monica L.

Brenda said...

Wow, what awesome stamps!! I love, love your mixed media canvas Lisa, your prima doll looks fabulous. Love all the awesome flowers and of course the sentiment is just perfect. There is so much texture and things to look at on this canvas. Yes, this is most beautiful Lisa! Hugs, Brenda

Desire Fourie said...

Absolutely stunning Lisa. You are such a talented artist of which this is another wonderful example.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Patti J said...

Lisa, you are amazing! Wonderful project, and those new stamps are darling!!! Thanks for sharing :)

Patti J said...

Lisa, you are amazing! What an awesome project! Great job, dear friend. And those new stamps are darling! Thanks for sharing :)

Donna K said...

Loving the new releases and loving even more how you feature everything so beautifully, Lisa! How darling is this sweet girl with the sentiment you've chosen for your canvas.

Sarah Biswabic said...

Your canvas is so beautiful Lisa! I love the flowers and colors you used!

Blue6366 said...

Cool, hip, trendy. All around fabulous job.

Classic Creations by Shawn said...

Great job........ TFS!!!

Beebeebabs said...

Wow such a beautiful card - love the background and flowers you did a awesome job as always. Have a great weekend!!!

cghundley said...

Oh my, how fun this canvas
creation is! Love the tulle
on the doll.
Carla from Utah

Sukie said...

Beautiful canvas! I love the pretty background you created with all of the flowers! The Julie Nutting doll with the hat is gorgeous! Great project!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Gorgeous! Love the honeycomb background!Carri~Abusybee
Skittles!
<a

Migdalia said...

You do an AMAZING job on everything you make but the Dolls are WOW!! Absolutely AMAZING!
Such a GORGEOUS and STUNNING canvas! LOVE the tulle on the chandelier.....very CREATIVE!! You are AWESOME! Love the burlap flower! Unique! The background is just BEAUTIFUL!!!! WOW!! I agree with I'm a little teapot who said " this project should be in a magazine"! It should!!!
Have a wonderful day my fabulous & talented friend,
Migdalia
*Crafting With Creative M*

aussie aNNie said...

Great color combinations and images used on this canvas is just beautiful and awesome and so cleverly made...love it.xx
♥aNNie The Journey is the Start

Kim said...

Loving the colors of your card and that girl! Really Pretty!! Hope you have a great weekend as well!
~Kim

Melissa @ M Miranda Creations said...

Very pretty card. I really like how you used the stamp!

Hugs, Melissa

MaryH said...

So much detail and texture on this card. Love the way you use the gesso & acrylic paint. I saw that chandelier this afternoon, and terrific idea to add the tulle to emphasize it. Love the script blouse of your little Miss in her top hat, and of course always those lovely flowers. A wonderful card. TFS & Hugs. Happy wkend.

Krystal Klear Creations said...

What an incredible piece of art work!!! T.F.I

sweetpeaemmalou said...

Fabulous project! So much wonderful details! Great job!

Lisa said...

Hi Lisa! Such a super fun canvas! I love all the gorgeous details, beautiful job!!!
Hugs,
Lisa

Charity Morris-Chamberlain said...

Holy smokes this is awesome! So pretty!

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

FABULOUS! Wow, this is amazing Lisa. I love the wonderful papers, texture and details on this. The tulle is great and I love the sentiment ♥

Yoshiras time to craft said...

Gorgeous canvas! !

Georgiana said...

Such a neat canvas. Your walls must be covered in beautiful art every where!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Wow, Lisa - Your mixed media canvas is beautiful! So many gorgeous elements to look at! Just wanted to pop in and say hello and thank you for the sweet comment on my blog! Things are going okay - I'm planning to be back to crafting and blogging again in August - that's next week - Yay! I really miss it! Wishing you a wonderful day, my friend!

scraphappenswithrhonda said...

you are so amazing I seem to repeat myself everything you do is amazing and beautiful. hugs

Kate said...

wow this looks AMAZING!!! Love everything, I feel like I repeat myself everytime I am here but I just love your work

DIANA L. said...

This is incredible Lisa. I got another stamp and have not used it yet.Thanks for always inspiring.
Thank you for joining my DL.ART July linky party, Have a Blessed day, DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com



MiamiKel said...

Oh LIsa, this is a gem! I love the rich vibrant colors and the beautiful doll! This is a beautiful work of art! ♥

Got2BCrafting said...

Amazing and beautiful!! Love everything about it!
Hugs,
Lori

Tracey said...

Another absolutely gorgeous work of art Lisa! I love the tulle wrapped around the chandelier.

Leslee said...

Lisa, Your canvas looks terrific!!! So many little elements. Just like Tracey, I love the tulle around the chandelier. Inspiring!

Karen said...

My sweetest friend, if only I had the words to properly express how much I adore this! It makes my heart yearn to create a mixed media project, which in itself is quite the compliment. :o) The colors are spectacular together and I am beyond in love with the tulle-draped chandelier! I have such a thing for both items and when combined... well, I'm swooning over here. :o) The Prima doll looks amazing! I LOVE your choices for her. The butterfly and flowers are such stunning touches. Amazing canvas, my ever talented Lisa! I hope you are proud of this masterpiece. :o) Have a blessed and beautiful day!

Hugs and blessings,
Karen

Mona Pendleton said...

Wow Lisa! What a beautiful work of art! The background is breath taking and I love the fancy girl! The blossoms are spectacular of course! Thanks for the inspiration!

Pam said...

This is beautiful Lisa! I don't know where to start so, I'll say I love it all!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Kathy Salido said...

So stunning Lisa!! Love the gesso, and embossing paste you used, gives it great texture. I might have to try this technique!! I love how you always tuck the vines amongst your flowers. You always put such beautiful detail into everything you do!!

Createology said...

I can't believe it is almost back-to-school for the kids. Your page is fabulous and we do need to "take time to smell the flowers". Summer Sunshine Bliss Dear...

Norma said...

OMG! I love this my friend, I must tell you that you have totally inspired me to get all those Prima dolls and I can't wait to play with them:) I so wish you made videos! Love all your creations and all the detail you always add. Just beautiful.
Hugs,
Norma

yyam said...

Oh my! How fun and whimsical! LOVE the fabulous mix of elements!

Diane said...

I don't even know what to say, I love this so much!!! There you go again with all the amazing details...you sure have the talent for these canvas's.....I love one and next thing I know out comes another one I love as well...wow...wow...wow!!! (did I say "WOW")...stunning work my friend!

jessica said...

WOW WOW WOW Lisa!!!!
This is over the top incredible!!!
You are MEGA talent my friend! I just don't know what else to say other than I am so in love with this project!!!!!
You ROCK my friend!

Mayras Designs said...

Gorgeous !!!! I love the fun and great design !!! Another work of art my friend !!
Hugs,
Mayra
Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

Kate said...

Such an awesome Mixed Media. Awesome Job my friend as always.

Gerda said...

This is AWESOME!!!!!!!! Have a great day.
Gerda

Nana said...

Stunning canvas Lisa. Love everything about it. I could just on an on about it. Would look perfect hanging on anyone's wall.
Have a creative day.

Hugs Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...