H G Tut H C DT A F FB E P E Image Map

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

EEK!


Happy Tuesday, everyone! I hope you are having a great week! I want to thank you all for stopping by to visit, even though I have not been able to visit you. I hope to have everything caught up this weekend so I can come by and see all the projects I've missed!!
I am sharing with you a card that totally creeps me out! I don't even like looking at it! This cut was actually a mistake. I set out to cut the spooky spider from October 31 in DCWV glittery black paper at 4". I thought I set the blade at 6 to cut through the paper because it is thick. I was trying to do too many things at once and actually set the blade at 4! Needless to say, it didn't cut through the paper at all. But -- I noticed an edge sticking up and I pulled it and the top of the black paper came off to reveal the image in white underneath! I thought this looked spookier than the black would have looked - especially since the October 31 cart doesn't have shadows! So I trimmed around the image and voila - one scary-looking spider! I covered all the white with glossy accents for a shiny finish and added red tear drop gems for his eyes. For the web, I used recycled net that fresh lemons are packaged in at the grocery store. I thought it was a great material and kept it, hoping to use it one day. It was perfect for the web, except it was bright yellow. I just stamped over the yellow in black ink to create the web. The ribbon at the top is from my stash. The paper is from DCWV. The sentiment is from the K Andrew Designs Fall-O-Ween stamp set. I will be using this one alot this month!! I used a small spiderweb stamp from the same set and stamped it on the back of the tag in Tim Holtz Antique Linen and Tea Dye Distress Ink for a subtle background. Click HERE to purchase your own set of these fun and festive stamps!

Thank you so much for stopping by! Have a great day :)

29 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

Lisa the net in the background is looking good and yes spiders are not my fav creatures!

Diane Hodrick said...

That is such a clever use of that netting. Great idea. Dr. Sonia would be proud. ;) This is one creepy spider....way to turn around a potential failure!

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Cool use of the netting for a spidey card. Sometimed when life hands us lemons (could not resist since you used lemon netting) you make the best of it and you did using the white underneath image & trimming it.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

Amy said...

What a wonderfully creepy card! I love it- the netting is great! :)Amy

Eva Laney said...

I love it Lisa....How Creepy and cool all at the same time.
Eva :0)
http://evasscrapsncards.blogspot.com
I have a giveaway on my blog

Jovan said...

THis card is so creepy cool!

Susan said...

Lisa this card creeps me out too!! I do like the colors and the idea you used when making the web, but did you have to make the eyes on that spider so mean looking?! lol! Nightmare on Susan's street! ;)

Have a great day!
Susan
cricutandgrasshopper.blogspot.com

Nita said...

EEEWWW! This guy bears a stiking resemblance to the MONSTER spiders we discovered in our new back yard. :O I am impressed Lisa - you have created the scariest Halloween card I've seen yet! :) And I love how it started with an accident. :)
Nita
www.niftynitanotes.blogspot.com

Maria said...

The spider gives me the creeps too lol. Thanks for sharing
marial302003@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Lisa I hate spiders and where I live they just web your house while you sleep. Icky but your card is fabulous those spiders and this card, Love it! Hugs, Lori m

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super creepy! Awesome how you were able to pull off the top sheet and reveal the white! Very spooky!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Kelly S said...

Creepy! The card turned out great. Love your use of the netting as a web.

Kelly
http://kellyscraftylife.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

its a fabulous spooky card but it gives me the willies!!!!! Oh my spiders i am afraid of those!!!!! but again you did a great job spooking me

Hugs Linda

Karen said...

Cool card! I love how you made the web. :)

Karen
craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

Georgiana said...

Loving the look of your card. Reminds me of a Mama spider and all her babies. EEEK!

Georgiana
Carson's Creations

RiNNE said...

This makes me laugh because although the spider is spooky, it actually is also beautiful to me. Weird, huh? Just goes to show you that sometimes mistakes are fine!!

Pat N. said...

Great card for Halloween. I like it!!--Pat N.

Trish and Treasure said...

Sppoky but love your new trick on the Cricut!

DIANA L. said...

Spooky icky spider card I love it
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Arlene said...

This is a bit spooky to look at! Great card though...sometimes a mistake turns out to be a good thing! :)

Cindy Beland said...

Hi Lisa,SUPER job with your Halloween card!Spider gives me the CREEPS,AWESOME card!:)

Rhonda Emery said...

love love this card how cool is that spider. I love the way you put that net behind him. really cool.

Jayne said...

This is fabulously creepy and spooky Lisa. It may have been an accident but it turned out just great.I can't stand spiders and this white one with red eyes is spectacularly horrible!Fab!
Jayne x

Unknown said...

I'm with you, this is a creepy spider! I hate spiders! I used to make my kids get rid of them for me, even when they were 5 yrs old! I get the webber jebbers from them. Now having said that this is genius, using the netting and the under layer, you are so smart!!! I miss you. Hugs, Pam at http://craftycards4u2.blogspot.com/

Trish said...

I dont like spiders at all but this is so cute and spooky. The netting looks great. Thanks for sharing it.

Audrey Frelx said...

Lisa, this is just tooo cute -- and I don't even like spiders!!! It's so cute, it minimizes the "EEEEEK"... lol!

Sherrie K. said...

Super creepy spider Lisa!! I love the idea of the recycled net..and the red gems for those wicked eyes! Great job:)
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Karen H said...

Eeeek! My dear Lisa, this is NOT the card for me to see before bed. ;) This freaked me out a bit, which means mega kudos are in order! You did such a fabulous job, especially with the colors, netting (SO genius), and the red eyes! Amazing. You are so inspiring, my friend... even if the subject gives me heebie-jeebies instead of warm fuzzies. ;) Excellent! :o)

Hugs and blessings!
http://kaleidoscopicsparkles.blogspot.com

The Craftin Mama said...

Eeekkk for sure!! He really is kinda creepy!! Great job!! Thanks for sharing!!
Happy Craftin :)

Ildi-Getting Cricky DTM
The Craftin Mama
Please visit me too!
Webmasters Earn Money Here!
ildij3@verizon.net

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...