H G Tut H C DT A F FB E P E Image Map

Thursday, October 6, 2011

You Don't Scare Me!


Happy Thursday, bloggers! I hope your week is going great! I have another Halloween card to share with you today! I just love making cards for this holiday :)
I used Black Magic Core'dinations paper, and a Tim Holtz Sizzex embossing folder. I sanded it and brushed it with Tim Holtz Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink. I used a distressing tool to fray the edges and then inked them with the same ink. The creepy pumpkin is from October 31, cut at 1 1/2". The twine is from The Twinery. I used K Andrew Designs stamps for the "You don't scare me" sentiment (but frankly, he does scare me!). I embossed the sentiment with copper embossing powder.
Click HERE to purchase your own set of these stamps and to see the entire fabulous line of K Andrew Design stamps!
Thanks so much for stopping by today! Please come back Saturday for the Birthday Wishes Blog Hop, hosted by the super-fabulous, super-talented and super-sweet Brenda of Creativity Is Only A State of Mind!! You can wish Brenda a very happy birthday and see some amazing projects from a line-up of awesome crafters! I hope to see you back here on Saturday:)

19 comments:

Cely said...

super spooky! LOVE it!

Karen said...

Great scary halloween card perfect placement of the pumpkin and the sentiment

Luanne said...

spooky! great project.


Luanne
myfootahead@gmail.com
http://craftersreference.blogspot.com/

Letillia said...

Really Cool & Spooky, you did an Excellent Job Lisa!!

divaof5.blogspot.com

Diane Hodrick said...

Like the pop of pumpkin color against the black background! cute!

Laurie said...

Super cute Lisa!!! I love that little pumpkin!!
Laurie
scrapsbysissy.blogspot.com

Amy said...

Great card- I love all of the embossing/distressing- it looks so cool! :)Amy

Tina said...

creepy....lol i love it all the embossing is awesome

Tina

Susan said...

OMG Lisa..first the spider eyes now this!!! Just when I got over the nightmares! But I do like it, love the embossing. I agree with you, it is a fun time of year to craft!

Hope all is going okay, I miss you around here! I have nobody to harrass! ;)

Susan
cricutandgrasshopper.blogspot.com

Nita said...

Lisa, you are the MASTER at making creepy cards! I love it! :) I will confess that I have never tried heat embossing, but this card is making me wanna do it. How cool is that coppery "glow"?

Nita
www.niftynitanotes.blogspot.com

Carol's Creations said...

Love it...super creepy!

Unknown said...

Lisa this is really "Spooky" card. I love the embossing. When you get back please come over and get in on my giveaway! It is all about people like you, my wonderful friend! Hugs, Pam at http://craftycards4u2.blogspot.com/

Maria Matter said...

very cool Lisa!! love how you did the embossing!

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Spooky cool. Especially like how the Tim Holtz embossing folder suits this perfectly.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

Arlene said...

Super cool and spooky! Love the embossing...great job!

The Craftin Mama said...

Love the technique you used!! This came out great!! Thanks for sharing!
Happy Craftin :)

Ildi-Getting Cricky DTM
The Craftin Mama
Please visit me too!
Webmasters Earn Money Here!
ildij3@verizon.net

RiNNE said...

Love love love the background!!! Very creative!

MadeByKarla said...

This is so cool! I don't usually do halloween, but what a great card!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Lisa Thank You so much for all the loving comments on my blog-- I did miss you but knew you must have been busy .Nice to have you back
Love
Sonia

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...