H G Tut H C DT A F FB E P E Image Map

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Decorate to Celebrate #83 - Fall or Birthday

This is my first post of three...please scroll up for Day 3 of the My Craft Spot Sneak Peeks and the first Scrapy Land Challenge

Happy Wednesday!! It's a busy day on my blog today...this is the first of three posts :) It's time for a new challenge at Decorate to Celebrate. For Challenge #84, we are asking you to create decorations for Fall or Birthdays!! Let's celebrate everything wonderful about falling leaves, crisp evenings, autumn harvest or birthdays with your table decorations, party banners, pennants, yard signs, cupcakes, party favors and more :)


For my fall project, I collected twigs from around the yard to make a decorative candle holder. You could use a glass candle holder but I used a can that held crab meat. I painted it black and then adhered the twigs with hot glue. The ribbon is from my stash. The tags are layers of Tiny Doilies dies from My Craft Spot. Fall is from an old K Andrew Designs stamp.


I am entering this in the following challenges:

1. DL.Art - September Linky 

Now it's your turn...head on over to Decorate to Celebrate to see the projects my design team sisters have created for today's challenge. Then link up your Fall or Birthday project...I can't wait to see what you create :)

24 comments:

yyam said...

Cool. Love the idea of picking up twigs from the yard! :)

aussie aNNie said...

LOVE this Lisa, looks awesome.xxThe Journey is the Start

Lori Kobular said...

Lisa ~ Your twig candle holder is wonderful! I love that you used things from nature to create the base of twigs and the Fall tag is so sweet!!

jessica said...

Ok I am totally in LOVE with this project!!
AMAZING job and wow how gorgeous!! This would make awesome table decorations for the holidays!!!
LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!

Brenda said...

I love your rustic candle holder Lisa! I would look great at any holiday, but I especially love it as a fall decoration. I love anything rustic. lol Hugs, Brenda

Diane said...

Now this is a perfect fall creation, so creative and fun...and it would fit perfectly in my log home....love it!!! Looks like you had a day like me with 3 posts...sometimes that happens, but I sure enjoyed seeing all the beautiful projects!!

scraphappenswithrhonda said...

this is so beautiful for fall would look so good on my table, lol love it friend. hugs

Sherrie K. said...

What a wonderful and creative idea for a centerpiece Lisa! I certainly think little Arya and I may go on a walk tomorrow when she visits and make her Mommy one! Love this and the little tag is adorable!
have a great day!
Sherrie K

Anne Temple said...

This looks fabulous and is the perfect decoration for any fall decor.

Chriss America Real said...

My daughter Kelly had candles very similar to this at her November wedding last year, they were so beautiful.

Hugs,
Louie's Mom (Chriss)
http://www.chrissandlou.blogspot.com/2014/09/decorate-to-celebrate-challenge-83-fall.html

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Beautiful! I just threw a whole bunch of twigs and branches out of my yard...darn! Will need to grab some from my neighbor's yard. LOL.

This is a really neat project!

Migdalia said...

WOW!! Stunning & Beautiful!! Love this idea or my thanksgiving dinner...
Have a wonderful day my fabulous friend,
M'
*Crafting With Creative M*

~Tammy~ said...

Lisa this is perfectly rustic for fall! I love it!

VanessaB said...

Love it!! :-)

Norma said...

Oh wow this is fantastic candle holder and all from your back yard, I love it:) Perfect project for Fall my friend.
Hugs,
Norma

Karen said...

My sweetest friend, this is such a rustic and beautiful candle holder! I love that you used twigs from your card... it just makes it so much more personal. :o) The sweet doily is such a precious accent and I cannot get enough of gorgeous Autumn colors! :o) Beautifully designed project as always, my dear Lisa! **happily hops to your next posts** Hehe!

Hugs and blessings,
Karen

June Houck said...

I love this for fall! Fab project, Lisa :)

Gerda said...

Simply love this!! Great Fall decoration project!!! TFS!!
Have a great day.
Gerda

Kathy Salido said...

Just gorgeous and so creative!1

Mollie said...

And now I am kicking myself for not bringing home any of the THOUSAND twigs I gathered and chipped up at our cabin over the weekend! I won't make that mistake again :) FABULOUS! I LOVE this project - it's on my list now, thank you very much!

Hope your have a wonderful rest of the week, my friend!

Emily
Mollie's Motif

Kate said...

Beautiful this will also make a sweet centerpiece.

Pam said...

Love this beautiful and rustic candle holder! Great job!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Shelly said...

This is so pretty, I LOVE fall decor, it's so warm and inviting!
Gorgeous as always my friend!

Angie C. D. said...

Rustic, yet gorgeous candle holder, Lisa! I love that you used natural elements. As always, FABULOUS job. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...