H G Tut H C DT A F FB E P E Image Map

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Dad Card for 4 Challenges

Happy Thursday, bloggers! I hope you are all having a great day. I have a card to enter into a few challenges today. The background paper is from Hot Off The Press Heritage pack. The truck is from the Nifty Fifties cart, cut with Core Couture paper. I embossed the background with the Sizzix argyle folder and inked the edges with walnut Distress Ink. I added foam stickers to the back to lift it off the page. The tree stamp is my favorite Tim Holtz stamp, embossed with fine black embossing powder. I also inked the edges with walnut Distress Ink. "For my Dad" is from Scrappy Mom's All in The Family Stamps, also embossed with fine black powder.

 I am entering the card in the following challenges:
  1. Getting Cricky with K Andrew's Simply Sunday Challenge: retro daddy
  2. Cricut Cardz Challenge #75 - masculine birthday card using something with wheels
  3. Die Cutting Divas: Challenge #15 - masculine cuts
  4. Little Red Wagon Challenge #81 - use a tree
Thanks so much for stopping by and don't forget to enter my giveaway if you haven't already (click here). Have a great day :)

19 comments:

Melissa said...

Very nicely done, great job on the embossing and thanks so much for joining CCC!

June Houck said...

This is neato, Lisa! I love the shimmery truck paper and those 3 graduated brads.

Kathy said...

Love this little red truck, cool card. Good Luck!
Thank you for playing our Simply Sunday Challenge at Getting Cricky.
Hugs,
Kathy - Getting Cricky DTM
http://the3esblog.blogspot.com

Misty Olsen said...

Hey Lisa, What great card!!! I love the background of the card...Trees are delightful :o)
TFS!!! it with DCD

Mistyrose
Die Cuttin Diva

Paper Deckerations said...

WOW that tree stamp is to die for! It looks incredible! You did a wonderful job! Everything about it is perfect! Love all the details! Thanks for playing with us at DCD!

thekolbes said...

OMG I love your card. Good luck winning the challenges
Trish
krazykcrafters at msn dot com

my crafting creations said...

Great card. Perfect for the occasion.

Kim

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love it, perfect choice of papers used. Hugs, Lori m :)

inspiredwon said...

I love the card it's super cute!! It's hard to try and come up with something for a masculine card. I think you did a great job!!
Amanda

Hoo's Crafty! said...

This looks great.

Nati Tristan said...

I absolutely love cards for guys that have cars on them! It just seem so perfect. Some my say typical.. but i say awwesome and you totally rocked this one my friend

Creative Diva said...

I love the colors you selected for your card. Nice job. Thanks for sharing with us at DCD.

Hugs,
Patty
creativediva98.blogspot.com

Cre8tiveVet said...

I totally thought the tree was a photograph. I need to get that stamp! TFS and Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin Diva's. -Yvette
Cre8tiveGirls.blogspot.com

Sandy O said...

WOW, what a great card. This is also good for this weeks Little Red Wagon challenge which is to use a tree in your project.

N2ScrapN4Fun said...

OMG...!!! I think this is a fabulus card. The red truck really pops against that nicely embossed / inked paper. Super fantastic!

Thanks for playing along @ CCC.

hilda'scraftylounge said...

What a great job and u got to use it in 4 challenges that's awesome. I entered mine in 2 TFS !!

Sandy O said...

Good luck on the LRW challenge. Your card is so perfect for it :o)

Unknown said...

Wow, great choice of paper and that truck is awesome.
Thanks for playing along on our Simply Sunday Challenge at Getting Cricky
Hugs
Brenda Getting Cricky DTM-Coordinator
Http://createbyburffrau.blogspot.com

Barb Smith said...

Using the embossing folder really turned out well. Thanks for joining us for this challenge.

Barb from Toronto, Canada
CCC Design Team #2

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...