H G Tut H C DT A F FB E P E Image Map

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Make a Wish B-Day Card

Happy Wednesday, bloggers! My reading list is baaaaack!! I'm so excited - and knocking on wood (not that I'm superstitions...much!)

One of the first posts I saw when it returned was a super-cute card by Sherrie of Sherrie Scraps With Passion using the Birthday Bash cart. I just got that cart last week but haven't had a chance to use it. She inspired me to head to my craft room and open it up. The octopus, hat and cupcakes are all cut from Birthday Bash. I ran the cupcakes through the Cuttlebug, and I added foam behind the hat and three of the legs to give some dimension. The solid cardstock is from Core'dinations Roy G Biv and the sparkly paper is from Core Couture. The flowery background paper is from DCWV Music Stack. I have no idea where the polka-dotted paper is from...I've had it in my stash for a while.
The tag is a Marvy Uchida punch, and it pulls out to reveal Happy Birthday. I used ribbon from Hobby Lobby and attached it with a pink staple. The pink ribbon is also from Hobby Lobby. I used black gems for Octo's eyes and pink and crystal gems to decorate along the bottom.
The card opens as an easel card. I used button brads from The paper Studio as the support for the easel. Many wishes for a happy day is also from Birthday Bash.
I am entering the card in the following contests:

Birthday Sundaes Challenge #8 - Use 3 embellishments and 2 patterned papers
Cooking With Cricut Challenge #29 - 2 shades of pink and a cupcake or cake die cut

Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great day :)

21 comments:

Susan said...

Omg, this turned out so cute! Wow! I'm glad you entered this, it really came out wonderful! I'm curious, have you ever thought to enter any of your cards to be published in any magazines? Honestly, this card looks like it belongs in one. Perfection! :)

Susan

Tina said...

this is just the cutest octo ever i love it the colors are bright and pretty great job

Tina

Alison Jane Hann said...

Super cute. I love the papers you used.

Nati Tristan said...

That's a darling card! I'm happy you got our reading list back! I would die without it! YAY!

scrappinC said...

Your card is awesome, I love the octopus! Glad you got your reading list back.
TFS!
Cindy Lou

Madison said...

What a cute and clever card. I like it:) Awesome job. TFS and thanks for playing with us this week at Cooking With Cricut!!
~Madison CWCDT funkycards.blogspot.com

Dr Sonia S V said...

What a cute card. Just right for a birthday.
Cheers from Bangalore ,India
Dr Sonia S V
ENT Surgeon and Avid Crafter
http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Vivi Martínez said...

OH! Cute, cute card!~
I love the hidden tag and of course the octopus, he is just so cute.
Thanks for playing with us at Birthday Sundaes.
Vivi

Sherrie K. said...

What a cute easel card Lisa! It turned out perfect. Isn't that just the cutest cart?? I just love it! Thanks for sharing and so happy we are done having issues with blogger! Yeah!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Madison said...

What a fun card!! I love this. It turned out great!! TFS and thanks for playing with us this week at Cooking With Cricut:)
~Madison CWCDT Funkycards.blogspot.com

June Houck said...

Lisa, this is so cute! Did you see that JoAnn's has cartridges for $29.99 this week??? I love the tiny buttons you used on your tri-fold card!

Trish and Treasure said...

Sooner or later your going to win some blog candy and I love this card it's so cute

Trish and Treasure said...

Thank you for leaving such wonderful comments on my blog. Beside being a pleasure to read them it gives me the opportunity to check out your blog too and get to know you better. I was recently bestowed a BFB award and I would like to return the favor by sending it to you. Please go back to my blog and pick up the award icon and then pass it on, and on.

Thanks again,
Trish

Jean said...

How fun!! Love your card. Thanks for playing along with us at Cooking with Cricut.

Jan Hennings said...

so super cute!

Sue said...

What a super cute card. The octopus is adorable, and the cupcakes and party hat are just awesome. I love the tag that pulls out. Great job with the easel. Thanks for playing with Birthday Sundaes.

JustYolie said...

Super cute..love the pull out tag! :)

Marlene said...

Very Cute! Thanks for playing with us at Birthday Sundaes!

Melinda Beltran said...

What a super cute card Lisa! I love it! Thank you so much for sharing with us at CWC! I am your newest follower and looking forward to more of your wonderful creations! Thanks again!

Melin
CookingWithCricut.com

Jen said...

Too cute, Lisa! I love your little octopus -- he looks as if he's juggling those cupcakes. Great job! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Cooking With Cricut this week.

~ Jen, CWC DT
www.gator-4-life.blogspot.com

kramer_buffy said...

this is flippin' adorable!!!! love that octopus~

-- dalis
CWC DT

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...