H G Tut H C DT A F FB E P E Image Map

Friday, April 15, 2011

Blog Award Thanks and Spring Card for Three Challenges

Happy April 15th - tax day - bloggers! I hope you are all having a wonderful Friday. I have been so busy the last couple of weeks, I didn't get a chance to thank two very talented crafters -  Tami at Scrappin Rabbit Designs and The Crafting Misfit - for awarding me the Versatile Blogger award. Thank you both so much...I am so honored and appreciative! I hope everyone will stop by both of their blogs to see their amazing talent!

I have a card to enter into a few challenges today. For the background, I used double-sided paper from K & Co's Que Sera Sera stack, and used a border punch from EK Success. The flying bunny was cut from the Give a Hoot cart (he was originally holding a balloon that I cut off), using Core Couture paper in stiletto for the shadow and runway for the body. I had some cool holographic paper that I got from Wal-Mart a while ago, and I used it for the tummy. It really glitters!
I used green gems for his eyes and a pearl for the nose. The umbrella was cut from Forever Young and I ran it through the Cuttlebug with a Sizzex swirls folder. Papers from Core'dinations Roy G Biv were used for the background mat and I ran the top sheet through the Cuttlebug with an old Fiskars embossing sheet. I sanded the raindrops and then spritzed it with Sheer Shimmer from Tsukineko. The stamped sentiment reads "fly away home". A ribbon from Michaels and light green gems in a raindrop shape finish the card.

I am entering it into the following challenges:
  1. Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog - Spring Fling Cricut Crawl - use the colors pink, green and yellow and include a Cricut cut;
  2. Celebrate the Occasion - Challenge #9 - Easter or Spring project using a punch;
  3. Whimsical Wednesday - Challenge #2 -  Spring card or project with April Showers Bring May Flowers theme, using an umbrella, rain boots, flowers or rain drops.
Thanks for looking and thanks again Tami and The Crafting Misfit! Happy TGIF :)

33 comments:

June Houck said...

That is cute the way you have arranged the elements of the card. You can tell the wind is actually blowing him away :)

Tina said...

oh how cute i love the bunny great job

Tina

The Archiving Angel said...

Hi Lisa~thanks for joining us at Whimsical Wednesday. Your card is terrific! I just love the little bunny & his windblown stance. The embossing detail is lovely and the raindrops really leap off the page. This looks great.
I am a new follower, what a great way to meet new bloggers! Your blog is very pretty!
Crafty best wishes,
Sonia

NancyD said...

Super cute card. I love that you can do so much with the Cricut. I just bought one and haven't really figured it all out yet.

Scrappin Rabbit Designs said...

What an adorable card! I love the fly away bunny and the embossed detail on the umbrella. Great Job.

Tami

GiGi said...

So cute! I love the raindrops! Thanks for playing at Whimsical Wednesdays!

girlia said...

Very cute. Thanks for playing along with us this at CTO

Unknown said...

Wow this is super cute!!!! Great job love the little bunny!!!!!

Kim H said...

How cute is this! I love the colors you used and the textures! How darn CLEVER are you to use that cut and him being blown away! Very creative! Thank You for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesday!

Mary said...

Very cute card! I love the bunny and how it looks like it's being blown in the wind. Great job. Thanks for playing along at CTO

Cathryn said...

Adorable, love the tummy! Thanks for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesdays!!! Cathryn67 :)

Maquel said...

Awesome job on your card! It looks like the umbrella is carrying the little guy away!! :) Love all the details! Thanks for joining us at CTO and FCCB!!

Maquel
http://papermaineiac.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

new follower! Thanks for visiting my blog! Cute card!
www.craftycardgallery.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

So cute, I love that bunny!

CraftyJAR said...

Cute card. Thanks for joining us at CTO!
Judy

Linda said...

Very cute!! :) Love the little shimmers!! Thank you for joining us @ CTO this week!! :)

Cindy Beland said...

Super cute card!that bunnu is too cute,Thank you for joining in the Whimsical Wednesday challenge!! :)

Tamara said...

So cute! Thank you so much for joining us this week at FCCB!

Tamara
http://happylifecraftywife.typepad.com/

Susan said...

Hi Lisa!

I also have an award for you at my blog! :)

Susan
http://cricutandgrasshopper.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Just stopping by to show you some love.

Nadia's World said...

What an awesomely cute card! Love the colors/papers!

Thanks for playing along with CTO!

Nicole T.

Melissa said...

Very nice, great job on your card! Thanks so much for Celebrating the Occasion with us

Anonymous said...

This is so cute.. love how you place the bunny....

thanks for playing with us at CTO..

Ivette-DT

My 3 E Scrapbooking said...

I love the papers you used on this cute little bunny card! The rain drops and tummy details are a very nice touch! Thanks for sharing it with us at CTO!

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

I love your little gem raindrops and the extras you added! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO :)

Unknown said...

Such a fun card. Love the bunny holding the umbrella. Looks like he is flying away with it. Very creative. Thank you for joining the Whimsical Wednesday Challenge.

Stephanie

Adrian said...

very cute, thanks for playing @ CTO!

DIANA L. said...

This is such a WOW card. I love it the colors are great and I love that flying bunny
Thanks for joining us this week at CTO
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Lisa Norris said...

So cute! I love the way it looks like the bunny is getting carried away by the umbrella...adorable! Thanks so much for playing along this week at FCCB! :o)

Lisa N.
http://prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

Aim said...

Really beautiful card!! The colors are perfect -- Such a well put together card!! I love all the little details!! :)

Thanks so much for sharing your talent at Celebrate The Occasion this week!!

A new challenge starts on Tuesday -- I sure hope you'll join us again!! :)

Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

Lisa Norris said...

Thanks for joining us at CTO, too! :O)

Lisa

Larelyn said...

Hi Lisa,
You've created a really adorable card. Love the papers and the bunny tummy!
Thanks for sharing at FCCB.
Hugs,

Anonymous said...

What a great card!! I love the embossing on the umbrella and the raindrop background and the bunny is just adorable! Good luck from the WW design team!

Zeni
www.scrappyzeni.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...