H G Tut H C DT A F FB E P E Image Map

Friday, April 29, 2011

Royal Wedding Theme Card

 
I haven't had a chance to make any projects the last couple of days, so I made time this morning to create a card in honor of today's Royal Wedding. I used Core Couture paper and cut the bride and groom at 3" from the Sweethearts cart. I used an EK Success punch for the bottom of the red paper. The ribbon is from Hobby Lobby and I made the rose out of Core'dinations Roy G Biv cardstock. I added pearls and crystals embellishments.
This was my first attempt at a double-slider card and I just love it! The top slides out to reveal "Just Married," cut from Sweethearts at 2", and the bottom is a stamp that reads "In honor of Love, May you blossom and flourish in your new life together. I used a Fiskars punch to round the corners on the sliders.

I am entering the card in the following challenges:
  1. Whimsical Wednesday Challenge #4 - project to celebrate the royal wedding
  2. Card Cupids - Create a card and use a punch
  3. Patches of Pink - Link-up Party
  4. Joyful Stamper -  Inspire Me Friday's 4: Anything Goes
  5. Paper Cutz Challenge #89 - Anything Goes
Thanks for looking and have a great weekend :)

22 comments:

Tracy said...

Well if this was your first attempt at a double-slider card you mastered it! :-) This is a wonderful card. Love the ribbon treatment at the bottom and the red and black are just striking together. Blessings!

Anonymous said...

i love this card! the colors are awesome and sentiments sliding out was a great idea! Good luck from the Whimsical Wednesday design team!

Cindy Beland said...

WOW This is soo Amazing!I love the combo of Red and black,Super beautiful!Thanks for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesday! :)

Jan Hennings said...

What a great card in honor of the royal wedding :) Thanks for your sweet comment on my recipe album :)

Sheree said...

Love your double slider! The colours are so regal and your rose is awesome!

Saskia said...

Thanks for joining us at Card Cupids with this lovely work!

Greetings, Saskia
(guest designer)

Anonymous said...

Fantastic card.. There is a Blog Award for you on my Blog.. Thanks for sharing your creations!

Sandy O said...

WOW, this is stunning. I have never heard of a double slidder card. You did a fabulous job on it.

Dr Sonia S V said...

Lovely Double Slider. I also made my first double slider card a few days back.
Keep Crafting
Cheers
Sonia
http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Kim H said...

Oh my this is just GORGEOUS! I love the black and red combination! I love how different the card is~ I have never seen this type before! Thank You for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesday!

Kim H said...

Oh I forgot to say I LOVE that flower/bow... just perfect too!

Charlotte said...

What a pretty card to honor the Royals. I have never made a double slider before, but I think I am going to give it a try, I love the stamped sentiment. Great job!!!

Unknown said...

Fantastic card - must have a go at one of those cards myself one day!

GiGi said...

What an awesome card!!! I love the paper and pearls and flower! SO COOL! Thanks for playing at Whimsical Wednesdays!

scrapn_momof2 said...

This is absolutely stunning!! I love the double slider and color combo. Great job!!

Steph said...

I have never seen a double slider card. It is very pretty! Thanks for joining Card Cupids challenge this week.

Steph
http://charmingpapercrafts.blogspot.com

Magaly said...

This is so pretty. I was married in Septiember and I just love this card nice...

www.cricutcraftyclare.blogspot.com said...

Thanks for your comments on my blog and for following. I am following yours too!

Cathryn said...

Very beautiful. The papers look so sparkly and your sentiments are lovely! Thanks for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesdays! Hugs, Cathryn67 :)

Nati Tristan said...

Beautiful card!!

The Archiving Angel said...

This is quite lovely! I really like your choice of colors, the shimmer & the images.
Nice job!
Thanks for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesday!
Crafty best wishes,
Sonia

Unknown said...

Wow, your card is stunning. I have been wanting to try a slider card! I can't believe this is your first one, it is totally perfect. I LOVE the way you made the bow and then put a flower in the center. So creative. Great job with the challenge thank you for joining us at Whimsical Wednesday this week.:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...