H G Tut H C DT A F FB E P E Image Map

Monday, April 4, 2011

Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Me Monday #54

Happy Monday bloggers! Gosh, it is storming here, lots of thunder and lightning, buckets of rain. I guess I probably shouldn't be on the computer :O

I have a card to enter into Fantabulous Cricut's Challenge Me Monday contest. The challenge this week is to create a project using an umbrella or hat. I used one of my favorite Tim Holtz stamps of a man holding an umbrella. I embossed it twice with black embossing powder and added Rock Candy Stickles to make the umbrella look wet. The background paper is from DCWV and I embossed it with Cuttlebug's polka dots folder. I cut the window from the Christmas cart on my Gypsy and adhered it with foam dots to give more dimension. The kitty was cut from Animal Kindgom. Kitty has a pink rhinestone nose and is happily dry and lounging on a pillow of white felt. The curtain is a ribbon stitched to create a ruffle (about the limit of my sewing ability!). I added an orange flower brad to the top of the window frame.

Okay, another huge crash of thunder so I'll take that as my sign to sign off! Have a great day everyone :)

19 comments:

JulieK said...

Great job! Very creative!

Jennifer said...

Very cute card. I posted it over at craftsbyjen.com which has a link back to your website. have a wonderful day Jennifer

Alison Jane Hann said...

Such a lovely card. Great attention to detail. Thank you so much for sharing this one.

Larelyn said...

Lisa, this is just so clever. I love the idea of the comfy, dry cat - too cute. I love all the techniques you used as well. Thanks for sharing at FCCB.
Hugs,

BugBites said...

Very nice- love the dimension this card has. TFS with us at FCCB.

Tami B. said...

Your bad weather must really be inspirational. What a cute idea for a card.

Pat N. said...

That's fabulous! So creative with the rain. Just love the cat inside the window. I tried to do something similar last winter with a kitty looking out the window at snow, but didn't have a window cut. I have to relook at my carts to see if I have one. Terrific job!!--Pat N.

Dana said...

Very creative. I always appreciate that kind of thinking. Good job. Thanks for playing at FCCB.

http://iwycd.blogspot.com/

Paula said...

Thanks for becoming a follower on my blog. I really like this card. I love the way you have the man outside the window with the umbrella. I would never have thought of it. Great idea!

Crafting Misfit said...

I have a blog award for you. Come on over when you have some time and pick it up :)

http://craftingmisfit.blogspot.com/

comopark1886 said...

Such a creative card! Especially the way you used ribbon for the curtain!
http://comopark1886.blogspot.com/

Michele Kovack said...

Very pretty! Love all of your fabulous details!

{Raechel} said...

awwee the cat is adorable! I love the ribbon curtains!

TFS~Raechel
http://raechelscards.blogspot.com/

Maquel said...

Love it!! This is so creative!! Thanks for playing along at FCCB!!

Maquel
http://papermaineiac.blogspot.com

Tamara said...

Very creative! Thanks for joining us this week at FCCB!

Tamara
http://happylifecraftywife.typepad.com/

Patti said...

What a great card. Whoever receives this card is going to love it!

callahancountrybugs.blogspot.com

jengd said...

Great card! Love the combination of the cut image and the stamped. Just dropping in from the Getting Cricky hop.

June Houck said...

Oooo, you combined Tim AND cricut? Be still my heart :)

Lisa Norris said...

So cute...I love that stamp! Thanks for playing along with us this week at FCCB!

Lisa N.
http://prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...