H G Tut H C DT A F FB E P E Image Map

Thursday, April 14, 2011

My Core’dinations Creative Frenzy

Core'dinations Cardstock is having a design team call and since I love their papers so much, I decided to enter.
My first project is a Spring wall hanging. For the base, I cut the flower from the Forever Young cart at 8" on cardboard. I then cut it again with my favorite type of paper, Core Couture. This stuff is so amazing...it comes in beautiful colors with a a cool sheen of glitter. Gorgeous! And it cuts with the Cricut better than any paper I've found. I cut the images twice at blade depth 5, speed and pressure at 4 and it has worked perfectly every single time - even with really detailed cuts. I used stiletto for the background, runway for the main part of the flower, and white gloves for the center. I added dots of Spiced Marmalade stickles around the center and lime green raffia ribbon to for the leaves. For the sign, I used paper from Core Impressions Cosmo Cricket collection. I sanded it to bring out the wood grain texture. Then I stamped the quote (The Earth Laughs in Flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson) and embossed it with fine black embossing powder. I distressed the edges to give the sign a battered look and inked the edges and wood grain with Antique Linen distress ink. The clips holding the sign were leftover curtain hangers.
The butterfly was cut from Wall Decor and More, using Core Couture blue diamonds for the base and white gloves for the outline. I added pearls and light green gems. The hummingbird is from the Home Accents cart. I cut the shadow in white gloves and the bird with runway. I cut the bird again with photo shoot and cut off the swirls so the red would show. I added a crystal eye and pearls to the wings.
The smaller flowers are also from Forever Young, cut at 2" using Core Couture in classy, elegance and yacht club. I assembled the petals and then sprayed water on them. Once they were close to dry, I manipulated the edges to give it a dimensional look and added pearls for the center.

My second project is a birthday card.  I used Core Impressions Cosmo Cricket papers and lightly sanded them to highlight the texture. The middle strip of paper is from the Whitewash collection. I lightly inked the edges with Antique Linen distress ink. The quote was stamped with pigment ink and embossed with Craft Essentials copper embossing powder. I made the flower using Core Couture classy, with a button center tied with twine. The blue embellishment is from Recollections.
For the inside, I tore paper from the Whitewash Collection and cut happy birthday from the Base Camp cart, using classy for the background and Cosmo Cricket for the top. I added two gems to the tags.

My third project is a layout of my adorable niece. I used paper from Color Core Cardstock Roy G Biv Collection. The light pink doily in the background was cut from the Cindy Loo cart at 11". The picture mats were punched with a Fiskars border punch on Core Couture white gloves. I cut the Fashionista tag from the Forever Young cart, using Core Couture stiletto for the base and Black Magic paper for the top. I embossed both with the Cuttlebug Swiss dots folder and then sanded the Black Magic paper to bring out the beautiful pink core. The butterflies were cut from the Wall Decor cart, also from Black Magic, embossed with Swiss dots and sanded to bring out the core. I made the antenna with wire and pink beads and added pearls for the body.
The white swirl was cut from the Picturesque cart. I used different ribbons from Michaels.
The yellow flower was cut from Forever Young at 2". I used Ranger Prefect Medium on the edges of the petals and dusted them with brilliant gold Perfect Pearls to add sparkle.

My last project is a bookend. I used thick corrugated cardboard as the base and folded it in half. The black background is from Core Couture in black tie. In order for the back of the bookend to stay upright, I attached ribbon from Michaels to the sides with silver brads.

I cut four street lights from the Heritage cart at 5", using black cardstock from Roy G. Biv for the shadow, Core Couture black tie for the light and white gloves for the "light". I attached the lights to the base using 20 gage wire. I cut the arc de triumph from the Summer in Paris cart using Core Couture white gloves and adhered it to the base with wire. Paris was cut from Summer in Paris, as was the Eiffel tower at 5", using the 3D feature. I used Core Couture paper in black tie and red carpet.
As I was making this, the paper just glittered and I thought how neat it would be to add a light to make the tower sparkle even more! So I punched a small hole in the back and used a doll house light to make the tower glow.

I had so much fun making these projects! Good luck to all who entered the design team call and happy Thursday everyone :)

12 comments:

Shelly said...

Good Luck, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :)
Shelly

AuniLeigh said...

Hi just stoppin' by from the Link Up Party, you followed me and now I'm happy to follow you. Cute blog and your papercraft style is really unique and totally cute.

Susan said...

Hi Lisa!

Okay, all these projects are just awesome but that Paris one....WOW! That is insane cute! I love how you added in the light, creativity at it finest! What an inspriation! I have to show my husband this............

Good luck!

Susan
http://cricutandgrasshopper.blogspot.com

Dr Sonia S V said...

This is amazing. I am so glad you stopped by my blog so that I could visit your blog. This is awesome.
Sonia

The Krafty Family said...

Thanks for your visit. I'm following you from Mastercraft(no profile pic yet) & Leearts (sunshine)

JustYolie said...

Holy smokes love your cards, especially the Eiffel Tower card!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

You have been one busy lady.. I love all of them.. very very creative.

Anonymous said...

this is gorgeous! I have never used this cart, its intimidating.. thanks for linking up through Getting Cricky! I am now a follower

Trish and Treasure said...

You must have worked long hard hours to complete so many beautiful projects. I love the butterflies antennas and your amazing Paris scene on a bookend, and your attention to detail!

beejay said...

This is gorgeous, I love all of your projects. I have just started following and I'm so glad I did! Good luck with the DT call.

- - Sheryl - - said...

wow - this is fabulous!!!! Thanks for following my blog and I am following you too!

Lizzie Laine said...

Wonderful job on all of your projects, they are all fantastic!!
I love how you added the light to the Eiffel Tower!
Good Luck on the DT call.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...