H G Tut H C DT A F FB E P E Image Map

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

My One Month Blogaversary!

Wow - I can't believe it has only been a month since I joined this wonderful world of blogging. Gosh, what did I do before I discovered blogging?! In that short period of time, I have become so completely addicted! I love meeting new people and visiting other blogs for inspiration and ideas. And I am so very thankful for all of my followers. If you haven't entered my giveaway for the new Luau cart, there is still time. Click here to enter before midnight ET on Saturday, April 16th.

I have a card to enter into a couple of challenges today. I used one of my favorite stamps from Sideshow Stamps. A few years ago I went looking for a good mermaid stamp and I fell in love with this one. I brushed the background with distress ink in weathered wood, tea dye and walnut stain. I embossed her with holographic embossing powder (you can see the sparkle in the smaller pic) and used watercolor pencils to color her in. The quote by William Shakespeare reads: "Once I sat upon a promontory and heard a mermaid on a dolphin's back uttering such dulcet and harmonious breath, that the rude sea grew civil at her song, and certain stars shot madly from their spheres, to hear the sea-maid's music." The papers were from my stock, I'm not even sure of the brands. I used the seeing spots Cuttlebug embossing folder on the beige paper and distress ink on the edges. The flowers were cut from the framework feature on Picturesque. Pearls from Joann's $1 bin finish it off.
 I am entering the card in the following challenges:

   1. K Andrews Getting Cricky with K Andrew's Simply Sunday Inspired Heart
       contest &
   2. Amber's Crafts and Stuff Challenge #5 - My favorite things

Mermaids and the ocean are two of my biggest inspirations and two of my very favorite things :) I hope you all are having a wonderful week!

15 comments:

Cara said...

Lovely card! Thanks for the follow; I'm following you back :o)

Kathy said...

Lisa, you did a great job on this card. Good Luck!
Thank you for playing our Simply Sunday Challenge at Getting Cricky
Hugs,
Kathy
http://the3esblog.blogspot.com/

Schell said...

Very pretty, love the embossing sparkle!

Yuveria said...

That's a cute card. Thanks for joining us at "My Favorite Things" challenge@ Amber's Crafts and Stuff.

-Giselle

Susan said...

Hi Lisa,

This is so pretty! I like the quote, it really adds that little something special to it. Oh how cool would it be to be a mermaid riding on a dolphin's back? Good luck in the challenges!

Susan

Cheryl said...

Love the embossing and flowers

http://nanascreativeplace.blogspot.com

Kimmarie Baker said...

I am co-creator to scrappin' chics challenge blog. TY for stopping by. I am so excited about our new blog. Your card is very pretty. I am going to start following you. Congrats on one month blogging... you sure do have alot of followers already! http://kimmarieskorner.blogspot.com is my personal blog.

June Houck said...

Good luck with both challenges! I love the texture of you mermaid panel; it makes your card really special. Great color combo too :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, love the glitter shiny hair.

Kel said...

This card is gorgeous.. WOW.. I love her colors and her sparkle... Nice quote too.

The Crazy Crafting Lady said...

Beautiful!

I am so glad you joined us for our "My Favorite Things" challenge@ Amber's Crafts and Stuff.

~*~Amber~*~
www.amberscraftsandstuff.com

Unknown said...

Congrats on your one month anniversary. I think this stamp is the most perfect stamp for you and you did a great job putting it to good use :)

Hugs,
Mindy

Unknown said...

I love mermaids and your card is beautiful
Thanks for playing in the Simply Sunday challenge at Getting Cricky
Hugs
Brenda
Getting Cricky DTM
http://createbyburffrau.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa,
beautiful card--I rarely see mermaids anymore in cards--just beautiful!
Congrats on your onemonth! wooohoo!
Thank you so much for playing my Simply Sunday Challenge!

All the Cricky Best,
K Andrew

Crafting Misfit said...

I love this card. I would love to see something from you in my blog hop! Come check it out, it is all about trying something new.
http://craftingmisfit.blogspot.com/2011/04/blog-hop-new-season-new-skill.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...